The Importance Of Using A Personal Injury Solicitor
- Author: David Crosby
- Posted on: 27th August 2018
- Posted in: Blog
The importance of using a personal injury solicitor
When you have an accident that causes injury and/or loss, and it wasn’t your fault, then you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim for compensation. If you don’t know where to start, or whether you think you may be entitled to make a claim, then it is important to seek advice to help you make an informed decision.
What kinds of injury can you claim for?
Examples of the kinds of claims that we can deal with include personal injuries resulting from the following:
- Car & other vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle & bicycle accidents
- Accidents at work
- Slipping & tripping accidents
- Fatal accidents
- Criminal injury compensation claims
Why should you use a qualified solicitor for personal injury matters?
There are many reasons why it is important to use a qualified solicitor for personal injury matters, here are just a few:
- A qualified solicitor will be able to advise you if he/she thinks you are entitled to compensation and the necessary process in order to make a claim.
- They will understand and have experience of the legal process, so be able to advise you on what you can do to make a claim.
- They have good negotiation skills. Negotiating with insurance and other companies for a reasonable compensation pay-out can be quite challenging. A qualified solicitor will know how to work round this and get the best deal possible. They get to know the different companies and their lawyers and how to negotiate with them.
- They will make it easier for you to understand your rights and what you can do next. A personal injury can affect you both physically and psychologically, and it may be overwhelming to deal with everything yourself. A solicitor can help you every step of the way.
When considering who to choose for a personal injury solicitor, you should look for someone who understands your needs and can offer you clear advice. They should also have the experience to deal with your claim. You should also bear in mind when choosing a personal injury solicitor the transparency and fairness of the fees process.
How Crosby & Woods will help
Crosby & Woods have many years of experience of dealing with personal injury claims. We will take time to understand your situation and offer you the best advice and help to process your claim. We are always clear and transparent with our fees, and won’t seek to take any costs from any compensation award. At all times your accident or personal injury claim will only be dealt with by an experienced Solicitor & Member of the Law Society’s Personal Injury Panel.
Here is some feedback from some of our personal injury claim clients that we have helped:
“David dealt with my mother’s personal injury claim following an accident and who is in her mid-80’s. David was at all times very professional, courteous and easy to deal with. He kept on top of the case and achieved a really good result for my mother. He also did not take any costs from the award and never sought to, meaning my mother received her compensation in full. We found David very trustworthy and straightforward and we have no hesitation in recommending him.”
Mr J Bostridge
“Thanks again for all your support with this David, you’ve been great as was the final outcome you achieved for me. The whole accident and serious injury experience was very unpleasant for me but your support and advice throughout has made it all so much easier so thank you!”
C Rudder, Hove
"I was awarded more than double the amount of compensation to what I was actually expecting. I also kept 100% of my award and David managed to achieve this while most other solicitors were trying to persuade me to use them but at the cost of having a Success Fee of 25% off whatever compensation I was awarded being paid to them. David handled my claim in a very personal and professional manner from day one to final settlement and I felt like I was completely involved in the whole process and that my views were always given paramount importance whenever decisions had to be taken.
J Thorley, Sussex
How can Crosby & Woods help?
As a client, you will always be dealt with by a qualified solicitor and communicated with every step of the way. We do not ask for upfront fees when working on a claim (beware of what could go wrong if using a claims company).
We offer “no win – no fee” funding, and where applicable, act under a legal insurance policy. We also ensure that you are kept informed of your claims progress, which we will pursue every step of the way, at the same time as delivering a friendly, understanding yet professional service.
We offer a FREE, confidential and no-obligation 30-minute consultation to discuss your personal injury claim. You can call us on 01273 734 600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
David Crosby, Managing Partner